Multisafe® laminated safety glass
Composite safety glass is a true multitalent with many different and combinable functions. Laminated glass consists of two or more under high-pressure molten glass panes with a special film (usually PVB - PolyVinylButyral) inbetween. This film prevents the glass from breaking apart, making laminated glass often used as safety (injury) and security (burglary, bullet and explosive proof) glass.
The PVB film between the glass panes provides a number of other advantages:
- Extra insulation;
- Various forms of sound insulation;
- It stops up to 99% of the harmful UV radiation (discoloration of interior);
- Special films offer many design possibilities;
- Various layers may be applied to impart heat-insulating properties to the glass;
- Our jumbo laminating system in Venlo laminates thicknesses from VSG 33.1 to VSG 88.8 and 1010.8 in DLF. Next to with clear films, all products are also available with matt white, coloured, structural PVB and special sound control PVB films. Also, special glass (e.g. hardcoatings) can be laminated.
For more information, please feel free to contact us.