Glass is a solid yet fragile product. In some cases there is an increased risk of injury, for instance risk of falling through or with glass breakage. Scheuten Secursafe® tempered glass or Multisafe® laminated safety glass (e.g. in windows, inner walls and doors, balconies or roof glazing) are solutions to ensure your safety.
Scheuten Secursafe® tempered safety glass
Tempered glass is about five times stronger than ordinary, non-tempered glass. This safety glass can thus withstand a greater mechanical shock, impact and bending loads, as well as a much larger thermal shock. Should it still break, then the glass is shattered into small and harmless unsharp glass fragments. As with the side windows of your car.
Tempered glass is widely used in public places where usually/often many people are present and where breakage of untempered glass could cause personal injury easily. Secursafe® is therefore ideally suited for f.i. glass inner walls and doors, furniture, showrooms and display windows (for example in squash areas).
Tempered glass is also used in places where the glass must be able to withstand greater variations in temperature. In addition, it is very suitable in places where there is increased wind pressure (in sky scrapes for example).
Scheuten Multisafe® laminated safety glass
Scheuten supplies with Multisafe® laminated glass for your safety. The range of products consists of various types and combinations of two or more glass panes which are formed into a single whole together with of one or more films. In the event of breakage the fragments remain attached to this elastic PVB film, such as the windshield of your car. As a result, the glass is safe against injuries (along with other functionalities, such as burglary proof, bullet proof and optionally sound control), and it avoids damage to property by flying glass at breach. Thus, there are many variations and combinations possible.
Benefits Scheuten Multisafe® laminated safety glass:
- All financial, comfort-enhancing and environmental benefits of insulation glass;
- Greatly reduced risk of injury (e.g. children) and damage to furniture by (flying) broken glass;
- Closed opening reduces the risk of falling through;
- The rain and cold won't penetrate inside, consequential damage is avoided and you can continue your daily operations until replacement of the glass;
- The plastic film blocks 99% of harmful UV rays, so your furniture/curtains/paintings fade irreparably less quickly;
- Additional investments are thus quickly recovered!
For whom recommends Scheuten Multisafe® laminated safety glass especially:
- Families with (young, playing) children;
- Elderly and/or disabled residents with a higher risk of falling;
- With precious/fragile household properties (damage caused by glass fragments and UV);
- In neighbourhoods with a relatively high (risk of) vandalism (e.g. entertainment area).